- Fact Sheet
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting on a quarterly basis ($400 annually);
If a member is unable to attend a meeting she may give her check to another member to deliver on her behalf or she may mail it in before/after the meeting to the meeting organizers.
- All donations are to be provided to Cleveland area charities serving the Greater Cleveland area. Donations benefiting national charities will not be considered, unless there is a local group affiliation and the donation will only benefit the greater Cleveland area. If there is an urgent community emergency at the time of the meeting, it may be presented as one of the choices upon pre-approval from chapter leadership.
- Members who wish to submit a charity for consideration must complete and submit a Charitable Organization Fact Sheet and be ready to make a five minute presentation at the meeting to the members about such charity. Three charity submissions will be randomly drawn at the meeting of which the presenters will then have time to make their five minute presentation.
- Only members who have signed and submitted a Commitment Form and are current on their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
- A new member is permitted to submit a charity after a one quarter/meeting grace period.
- A Q&A session will take place immediately following the three presentations and directly preceding member voting.
- Only members who are current in their quarterly contributions are eligible to vote at meetings.
- Each member will vote by ballot - the majority rules. Even if your choice does not win, all members are responsible for writing a check to the winning charity.
- If a charitable organization has received funding in the past, either from our chapter or from another local 100+ WWC chapter, this fact must be disclosed during the presentation. Also, the organization will only be allowed for consideration after a two year vesting period AND if there are not enough NEW charitable organizations in the fish bowl.
- If a member presents for a particular charity that is not chosen, the member is still eligible to submit that same charity at subsequent meetings, but we request not more than twice in a four-meeting period. Additionally, the member is still eligible to submit the name of another charity at a future meeting.
- In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then the we will randomly pick one of the two charities name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- The winning charity must agree not to use the names of the members for future solicitations or give member information out for any other public use or purpose. The charity is also required to send a representative to the next meeting to explain to the membership how the funds have been used.
100+ Women Who Care – Cleveland Metro
Click this link and Like us on Facebook!